Saturday 4 July 2015

Creative Writing Series 8



8.     The first day of school, a love note, and a recipe with a significant mistake.

It was my first day of school today. My brothers are in big school now so they aren’t coming with me. Daddy took them to school in the car. Mummy and I walked to school.

My new school is down the lane and around the corner. Mummy says it only takes five minutes to walk there. She wouldn’t come into the gates with me cos she said it wasn’t allowed.

I didn’t want to leave Mummy but the teacher made me line up with everyone else. I was crying and screaming for my Mummy.

The teacher led all of us into the school and to our classroom. The teacher’s name was Miss Roma and we had to call her Miss Roma or Miss. She told us that while we were here we had to follow the rules like, no hitting or calling names and if we wanted to speak we had to put our hand up in the air till the teacher said we could speak.

If it got too loud we had to cross our arms across our chest and copy the teacher when she put her finger on her lips.

For today Miss Roma gave us all pictures of boots and we had to colour them in in different patterns that she put on the board. Then Miss Roma took out a big picture book and read to us about an owl learning to fly.

I made friends with Karen. She’s from China. She is smaller than everyone else and has short straight black hair. At break and lunch we played chases. I lost. I don’t really like chases but everyone else does.

After school Mummy was at the gates to come get me but she took ages talking to Karen’s mum at the gates. Karen’s mum wasn’t from China. She brought Karen back from China when she decided to be Karen’s mummy. Mummy says that in China people are only allowed to have one baby and they want boys, not girls, so lots of girls are given away.

I tried to get Mummy to come home faster but she just got angry and told me to stop pulling or she wouldn’t let me play my playstation when I got home. I stopped so when we got home I got to play my playstation before my brothers came home.

When we got home Daddy had left Mummy a note which made her smile and laugh. She wouldn’t tell me what was funny but she said Daddy was coming home with my brothers and he was going to make our tea.

Daddy came home and started making dinner. My brothers were being mean and took my controller so I couldn’t play my game anymore. Mummy didn’t help. She said I had had my turn and it was their turn now.

I played with my legos till dinner. Daddy made curry from scratch but when I took a bite it was horrible. It was really hot and not nice at all. My brothers and Mummy didn’t like it either.

Mummy took our plates and threw our dinners in the bin. She didn’t take Daddy’s plate.

Mummy is phoning the chip shop now.

We’re having pizza!

Daddy isn’t allowed any. He’s having yucky curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment