Saturday 27 June 2015

Creative Writing Series 7



7.     An annoying boss, a bikini, and a fake illness.
 
Today was a bright sunny day. Rare for mid April in Scotland. Even rarer was the heat that came with the sunshine. Unfortunately I was supposed to be going into work today.

However what with the sun being out and the scorching heat I didn’t want to be stuck in a stuffy dingy office with the blinds drawn, staring at a computer screen. So the inevitable phone call was made.

“Hi…yeah, John? It’s Marie… I won’t be coming into work today…No it’s probably just food poisoning…shouldn’t last for more than a day or so…I can barely get out of bed…Thanks John! You’re a star! ...Bye.” Complete with coughs and splutters to make it authentic.

Phone call made I set to work. Sun tan lotion, bikini, towels, picnic. All ready for the sun. I packed up my car and drove to the beach. I drove to Salcoats which is about an hours drive from my home and found a sandy beach.

The beach was packed with children, dogs and other sunbathers. I found myself a spot and lay out on my towel with my sunglasses.

I was halfway dosing when a shadow came over me. I slowly opened my eyes to reveal my boss, John looming over me with a not so amused expression on his face.

“Food poisoning?...Can barely leave your bed? You look alright to me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment