Tuesday 30 April 2013

Free Days

Today I had a completely free day. I had arranged to go out to the cinema with my friends but they got busy. So we're going to see Ironman 3 on Saturday instead. We are restricted to the 2d version because one of my friends can't watch 3d without hurting his eyes.

I thought I would make the most of the sun today and went to put on my summer clothes. I was hoping for a dress but all my dresses are too formal to wear so I went shopping. I think I spent over £100. I'm definitely going to start hiding my bank card from myself. After going shopping and spending an extortionate amount of money on clothes I went home and practised the piano.

Yes I actually practised! Unfortunately I discovered that:
1. My piano is severely out of tune and
2. My keys are really stiff so I can't play anything without the keys staying pressed.
Then I had to stop and look for some WD40 to fix it but I couldn't find any.

I also took my dog out to the park. It was really nice and warm for Scotland. Recently all I have heard from other Scottish people is that Scotland doesn't get good summers. Rubbish! Utter Rubbish. The problem is that the people have raised their expectations.

With all the holiday's people go on I can see how it can easily happen but for me a good summer is one where I can go at least a week straight without needing a raincoat or jumper.

I went to St Andrew's University a few years ago for a project called the Sutton Trust. It's basically a taster course for university life but while I was there I met some really interesting people.

One of those people was from England and when we got there it was sunny. The next day we all visited the beach. I had a kagul (a very thin raincoat) in my bag. It was very warm and sunny but this is Scotland so it's best to best prepared. Anyway one of the guys from England came out to the beach in shorts and a tshirt. No surprise that when it rained he got soaked! I asked him if he had a raincoat and he said that because it was St Andrews and it was on a beach he didn't think he'd need one.

Probably because I'm from Scotland I never go to stay anywhere without my kagul. Even if I think it's going to be sunny because living here I try to always be prepared for the prospect of rain.

In saying that I sometimes go overboard. I still wear a heavy raincoat to college right through till May just in case of heavy showers. Then I switch to my kagul.

I have been looking up new skills to learn since my college has been winding down. I'm now looking towards friendship bracelets. I think incorporating this skill into my textile sample's for college could be interesting. I think that it'll wait until next year as we are entering the stage in one of our classes that we're actually making the dress we have designed and in our other class we are printing so it isn't very 3d.

I have a big to do list for myself now. Things I'm promising myself I'm going to do soon. I bought a load of tshirts which I have a design to go on one using iron on paper. The others I'm planning to Tye Dye or to use as my 'print Tshirts'. I'm envisioning having a tshirt which I can wear to print class and not work about getting dye on it because the whole thing will have smears of paint and dye. A bit like when you used to wear an old shirt in primary school when you were doing something messy.

I have knitted bags that I have to put a lining in. I have pockets of jackets to repair and I have a pair of jeans that I have cut into sorts to customise.

Little projects that I haven't thought about over the college year. I have revisited my watching of anime though. I am thinking about trying to draw anime and working on drawing to upload to my deviant art account. The drawings I've currently got on there are not really that good. I posted them years ago. Time for fresh stuff to go up.

Bobbi Jean
Quintessential Information

No comments:

Post a Comment