Wednesday 10 October 2012

Oliver!

When I was in high school I was in every School Show we had. In my fifth year I was in a production of Oliver. This show was the first time that I was interested in auditioning, of course being in fifth year and never had auditioned before I was rejected but I still was a part of the chorus. It was well known in our school that main parts went to sixth years and those with drama back grounds.

Our show ended up being quite funny as Fagin accidently cartwheeled off the stage and Nancy mispronounced clock leading Mr Brownlow to run around saying " The Clike! Mrs Bedwin. The Clike!". Not to mention Widow Corney who had been played by a male teacher flashing his chest at the audience.

Anyway the point to this was that last Wednesday my sweet little brother or one of them anyway was in an amateur dramatics production of Oliver. It was a bit strange watching it as I had performed in it and inevitably compared it to mine as I was watching it. I went pretty smoothly. No mess ups like mine except my wee brother did get up when all of Fagin's gang are meant to be asleep although he assures me that he was meant to do that. His twin, had his head on my shoulder throughout the play.

Also this week my dad got me a camera case for my new dslr camera. Mum spilt me on the camera. I was just planning on getting a digital camera for college but mum tends to go overboard a bit. Not that I mind shes just a bit nuts. I have to admit it takes some really great photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment